List of Holiday Closures
Get a Library Card:
Click here for information about getting a library card
WALNET Library Card
If you have a valid WALNET library card from a WALNET member library - it is accepted at any of our library locations as well.Checkout Times:
Overdue and Lost Charges:
- All books, magazines, and audio materials check out for three weeks.
- All videos and DVDs check out for one week.
- You may renew your items twice if you need them longer.
- If there is a hold request on the item, you will not be able to renew it.
- The library district does not charge overdue fees.
- If your items are 30 days overdue, your account will be charged for the overdue item, and blocked until they are returned.If the items are returned in good condition the lost charges will be forgiven.
- If you have paid for a lost item, and then find it, bring your receipt for the lost item to the library within 6 months and the library will reimburse you for the lost charge.
Accessing the Internet:
Wireless Internet Access
- Each of our libraries provides computers with free internet access.
- Computer session times vary depending on the number of computers available at each branch.
- There is no limit to the number of times that you may use a computer in a single day - but those who have not had a session that day are given priority.
- You are allowed two free printed pages per day and each page after that is ten cents each.
- All branches of the library district offer wireless, WiFi internet access.
- The WiFi networks are open, unsecured networks. We encourage you to use firewall and antivirus software when connecting to open WiFi networks.
- There is no limit to using the library's WiFi internet connections.
- Library staff can offer basic assistance with connecting to the WiFi network - but cannot configure your device to connect to the WiFi network.
- WiFi access is not guaranteed outside of library buildings or when the library is closed.
The library complies with the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) and filters all computers that access the internet at its libraries. Adults may request unfiltered access at each library branch.
Printing, Copying, Faxing
- You may print two free pages from the library's computers per day for free. Each after that is .10 cents per page.
- Copying is charged at .10 cents per page, per side.
- Faxing is charged a .50 per page for long distance, and .50 cents per page for local calls.