January 11, 2016
The Walla Walla County Rural Library District is pleased to announce that it has extended the library card reimbursement program for Rural Library District residents that purchase non-resident library cards at the Walla Walla Public Library
District residents, or property owners, may purchase a library card at the Walla Walla Public Library and be reimbursed for the cost of one, one year card for $68, or a six month card for $34, through 2016. The reimbursement is for that calendar year only. Library cards purchased prior to December 1, 2015, will not be reimbursed.
This service is in addition to the wide range of services provided to you as a Rural Library District resident:
- A collection of over 85,000 items housed in five convenient locations throughout Walla Walla County - including the Plaza Library which is open seven days a week.
- A complete collection of digital services, including ebooks, downloadable audio books, digital magazines, and MP3 music downloads at our Digital Branch.
- Access to over 45,000 additional items from the Walla Walla Community College Libraries though the WALNET catalog.
- A complete set of online reference tools including student resources, language learning, genealogy, medical and legal information, auto repair - and more.
Quick Facts About the Reimbursement program:
- The Rural Library Board of Trustees agreed to reimburse district residents for library cards purchased at the Walla Walla Public Library during the year 2013 and have included funding in the 2016 budget to continue this program in 2016.
- The reimbursement program is only for library cards purchased at the Walla Walla Public Library by Rural Library District residents or property owners. The cards must be issued After December 1, 2015. Reimbursements will be through 2016.
- The Walla Walla Public Library offers a one year library card for $68, a six month library card for $34, and will issue additional library cards to those in your household for the single fee.
- If you chose to purchase a six month card, you may be reimbursed for a second six month card after your first card expires.
- The library card you purchase is good for a year, or six months, from the date of purchase depending on which card you choose. Because of this, if you have already purchased a library card in 2015, it may be valid for a portion of 2016. Likewise, a library card purchased in 2016, may be valid into 2017, depending on when you purchase it.
To Process Your Reimbursement:
- Visit the Walla Walla Public Library and purchase a library card.
- You will be given a receipt for your payment, and a reimbursement form to return to the Rural Library District.
- Bring this paperwork, and your purchased library card, to any Rural Library District location to apply for reimbursement. Library staff will take a copy of your paperwork and process your reimbursement.
- Reimbursements will be provided by check and mailed to you.
- To receive a same-day reimbursement check, bring your paperwork to the district's Administrative Service Center between 8:30 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday:
Administrative Service Center
37 Jade Ave, Walla Walla, WA
509 527 3284